SEO can be a tough concept to tackle. Making sure that your content is optimized and up to search engine standards in every way is indeed hard enough. We will take any assistance that we can get and social media can be of great assistance. If you are a business providing content, services, or products, you should already have a social media presence. For that reason, we are here to help show you how to get the most out of your online presence and make your posts work for you!
How Does Social Media Impact SEO
Social media is not a Google ranking factor. So, how does social media impact SEO? One main way is that social media increases visibility and increased visibility means more visits and backlinks. Link building is one of the main tasks to increase SEO rankings and social media can make the task less daunting. You are putting your content out there to spread awareness which will hopefully end in increased links to your website from diverse and high-quality outside websites.
Which Platforms Are Right for You
With so many different social media platforms available, it may be hard to distinguish which is right for you. All social media sites have their own benefits, some being more tailored for businesses and others being more personal. Those two options will work differently for different companies and brands. It is up to you to make sure that you choose the correct platforms for your goals.
LinkedIn is a great candidate for B2B lead generation. The professional network will help you get found by placing you in search results for other businesses. It is important to use the correct keywords in your profile, including relevant search terms in your content and headings. This will help you rank higher on the website’s search results for relevant searches.
Medium could be the right choice for you if your blog isn’t pulling in enough of your target audience. The site allows personal stories, republished articles, original content, and repurposing content to be posted on their site. Sharing your content here will allow you to tap into a large audience and reach more of your target audience.
Facebook is one of, if not the, most popular social media websites. The site allows users to easily post or share their content to their page. The best part is that Facebook allows Google and other search engines to crawl their website and use the content. This is why you will see Facebook pages and reviews on some of your Google searches.
Twitter is another powerful social media website for SEO. By posting quality content that engages users and using relevant hashtags, you can increase the visibility of your posts. Frequent tweets that attract people to your website help increase traffic. Shares, comments, and likes are also powerful social signals that will lead to higher rankings.
Pinterest users use the site to pass the time, find inspiration, and also as a search engine. This is why posing your content on Pinterest with optimized profiles and pins will help drive traffic to your site. One of the benefits of Pinterest is that it directly drives traffic to your site. While other platforms allow users to read full articles or experience all you have to offer without moving to your website, Pinterest gives a more basic look at your content and leads users to click over to your website with the full content. This does, however, mean that more attention needs to be paid to the images and descriptions that you use when posting to Pinterest.
Quora is a great social media platform to use if you are able to answer questions that are relevant to your target audience. This platform allows you to post answers to questions that users ask and then direct them to your website or a specific piece of content. A great example of this is a business blog answering user requests for business advice or answering simple business questions with links to relevant posts that are published on the blog. This will help them gain reach by answering the questions but would drive interested users to get more information directly from the blog.
- As with everything we talk about regarding SEO, high-quality content is the first hurdle. You need to make sure that your content is high-quality and relevant to your target audience. Not only does this help you gain and retain repeat customers, but Google also has increased algorithms that can sniff out poor-quality content that has been stuffed with irrelevant keywords.
- Make sure that your content is able to be easily shared on and among different social media platforms. One way to do this is to include a share option on each blog or video that you post on your website. This way, users have the ability to share your content on their preferred social media account.
- Optimize your social media accounts. Your social media profiles should be compelling, align with your blog or website, and portray your brand image. This way, your followers will be able to easily find you across different social media platforms. Optimized social media accounts will also help Google connect the accounts and associate them with your website.
- Use posts and comments to build relationships with customers and followers. Interacting with followers on social media will help increase engagement and build relationships. These relationships will help build trust and credibility. This is good to gain customers or followers. Fostering meaningful relationships can also give you insight into your target audience and what they are wanting or needing.
- Use compelling captions on your social media posts. This is part of your advertising strategy and you want to gain the interest of those looking at your posts. Compelling captions lead to website traffic.
Social media accounts and posts are not considered by Google when determining your ranking. That doesn’t mean that they are worthless to your SEO, though. They are actually quite helpful when used correctly. Make sure that you are getting the most out of your social media endeavors, increasing your website traffic, and leading yourself to backlinks. You should already be making strides on social media and these tips and tricks should help you make the most of your efforts.